Christmas in Athens
The majestic Christmas tree of the historic Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens has been decorated and officially welcomes the Festive Season!
The hotel welcomes the most wonderful time of the year and invites us all to admire its 7mt high Christmas tree! Elegantly decorated, by the hotel’s associates, with more than 400 festive ornaments 9.000 lights, this is the city’s most inspiring and sparkling Christmas decoration!
From the moment that is being selected to the very moment that is finally decorated, this is a ritual of itself. Journeying through the city of Athens and being carefully treated by the hotel’s associates, the 7mt high Christmas tree owns its special and very own place so in the historic hotel as in the hearts of all Athenians!
On Saturday, December 1st, we were all there and felt the absolute festive spirit once the tree’s lights went on and the Christmas carols, sang by a choir of young children, filled the lobby of the landmark hotel. This is a memorable experience where the hotel associates joint their forces so that the hotel’s valued guests and the city itself may relive every year an experience to be cherished for a lifetime.
Enjoy the glittering view of Athens, during Christmas and New Year’s time, at the Hotel Grande Bretagne and King George Hotel. An unsurpassed cultural journey through indigenous sights and unique flavors. LEARN MORE
If you have the pleasure of visiting Athens this Christmas, then you will be pleased to hear that there are plenty of seasonal things to see and do. Here are a couple of suggestions for the whole family.
– The Christmas Factory: Located in Technopolis, Gazi it is open to the public from 1st December – 6th January. Come and take a look around to get into the spirit of the season.
– Snow White On Ice: A marvelous experience for the whole family; Snow White On Ice is available to watch at the Tae Kwon Do Stadium between 19th-23rd December. This is a brilliant take on the fairytale classic.
– All through December, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center has been transformed into a Christmas wonderland, complete with an ice rink. With fun for the whole family, this is not an experience to be missed. There are a whole host of seasonal activities for the whole family to take part in that will be running all throughout the month of December.
– A Christmas Carol – At The National Theatre of Greece between the 12th of December 2018 and the 27th of January 2019, you can come and watch the Charles Dickens classic.
– Christmas with Cinderella – For a modern twist on a classic fairytale, head to the Megaron Athens Concert Hall between the 21st and the 29th of December. A fantastic show for the whole family to enjoy.
Merry Christmas! We hope that you enjoy your stay in Athens this festive period and have a lovely time and a great new year.