Recipe of the Month – “Kolokithokeftedes” (Traditional Greek Zucchini Croquettes)
Welcome to a culinary experience, tailored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Greece. This is a memorable journey through the most authentic locations of the Mediterranean. Every month, discover an alluring and traditional recipe.
Recipe of the Month – September 2012
• In a large bowl grate the zucchini and then add salt. Mix well and leave the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour.
• Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Squeeze and strain the excess water from the zucchini. Place the strained zucchini in a large bowl.
• Add all the remaining ingredients except the flour and olive oil. Mix well.
Chef’s Tips: The mixture should not have excess water, if the mixture is too loose you may add more breadcrumbs
• In a deep fryer heat the olive oil.
• On a separate plate place approximately 1 cup of flour. Shape medium size balls and dip it into the flour. Press the ball lightly to flatten. Set to the side.
• When the oil has heated well, deep fry.
• When the croquettes have a golden brown color remove an place on a plate lined with paper towel so that we help to remove excess oil from the croquettes
• Place “Kolokithokeftedes” on a platter to serve.
Chef’s Tip: Serve with a dip of your choice. We suggest a yogurt-dill sauce
Ingredients (for 12-13 pieces)
• 500 g Grated zucchini